Index of /experimental/ipad
Name Last modified Size Description
Parent Directory -
Etoys4bf-4.1.0-5-src.zip 25-Jun-2010 10:01 32M
Etoys4bf-4.1.0-6.ipa 01-Jul-2011 14:29 29M
Etoys4bf-4.1.0-6.plist 01-Jul-2011 14:30 758
Etoys4bf_Testing_Profile.mobileprovision 17-Apr-2012 20:28 8.8K
HOW TO BECOME A SQUEAK/ETOYS IPAD TESTER
Right now we don't have a beta test version. See here.
Send an email with your iPad's UDID to the etoys-dev mailing list.
Please also state what your intentions for testing are.
I will then add this UDID to the testing profile. You need to install
the profile once, and then the app, as explained below. - Bert -
HOW TO INSTALL
Visit this web page using Safari on your iPad. Then:
1. Tap here to install the profile
2. Tap here to install the Squeak/Etoys app
3. There is no step 3
HOW TO USE
See this video.
HOW TO ACCESS PROJECTS
Note: When you try to run iPad projects on the desktop version
of Etoys, you may get a question about "TouchCmdMorph" being unknown.
Type "Morph" into the dialog, and your initials into the next one.
Refer to this screenshot.
1. Connect the iPad via USB. In iTunes, select your iPad from the
DEVICES section in the sidebar.
2. Click the "Apps" tab, scroll down to the "File Sharing" section.
3. Choose "Etoys" from the Apps list.
4. Use the "Add..." and "Save to..." buttons in the "Etoys Documents"
area to copy projects to or from the iPad. They will be transferred
immediately, no need to sync. Drag-and-drop works, too.
1. Install iFuse.
2. Connect the iPad via USB.
3. Make a directory in your home, and mount the iPad's Etoys documents:
ifuse --appid org.squeakland.Etoys4bf ~/Etoys-iPad
4. Copy projects to/from the ~/Etoys-iPad directory
You can upload an image/changes to the documents area as described
above. When starting Etoys, if the Squeak VM finds a file named
"etoys.image" in Documents, it will use it instead of the bundled one.
Make sure your image supports touch events, otherwise it will be hard
to interact ;-)
Note! Updating the app will not delete the custom image from
Documents. To use the default image again, simply remove your image
(press Delete in the iTunes "Etoys Documents" view).